16th Annual Shepherd Elementary School Spring Gala
Saturday, April 25th, 2020
7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. (6:00 p.m. VIP Cocktail Hour)
The Atrium at Bobby Van’s Grill, 1201 New York Ave NW, Washington, DC
Join parents, friends and neighbors of Shepherd Elementary School on Saturday, April 25th, 2020, for our 16th Annual Spring Gala and Auction! Your ticket purchase secures your entrance to a fantastic evening of entertainment, featuring our live and silent auction, while you enjoy cocktails, diverse beer & wine offerings, and delicious bites as you select your top auction items of the night.
New Silent Auction offerings will include experiences and offerings from local businesses, as well as beloved class creations, parent parties, teacher treats, and more. Get ready to bid with our live auctioneer who will help us raise the paddle and entice the crowd with the best items of the night.
Dress Code: Break out your best cocktail attire!
Contact: Questions? Concerns? You can reach the Auction Committee by email here.
What Does the Auction Support?
Historically, the Spring Gala has been the PTA’s best fundraiser of the year, and we hope to raise over $75,000 this year to support Shepherd’s academic and enrichment programs, which will benefit all students. We are sure that you can agree on the importance of ensuring that Shepherd has sufficient resources to remain one of the finest DC public schools serving PK3 to 5th grade students. We are asking that every member of the Shepherd Elementary community to support the Spring Gala not only by attending the event itself, but also by providing whatever amount of time and effort you can to helping make this our must successful Gala ever!
Every ticket sold supports the Shepherd student learning experience. Mark your calendars, schedule the sitter, and buy your tickets today. “Early bird” general admission tickets ($60) are on sale from now until March 31st, 2020. Starting on April 1st, 2020, general admission tickets will increase to full price ($75). Take advantage of early bird pricing – register and buy your ticket NOW at our auction site!
“Angel” Tickets: Consider purchasing an “angel” ticket to sponsor a teacher or staff member to attend the Gala – a wonderful gesture for those who do so much for our children!
If you are a Shepherd staff member, please RSVP for your complimentary tickets by emailing us.
We are seeking donations of amazing items, experiences, and gift certificates toward goods/services for inclusion in our auction. Interested in donating to our event? Just complete our simple web-based donation form at this link.
Hosting the Gala event will take the support of a dynamic and wide reaching team. We are seeking amazing sponsors to support this year’s auction evening. We have an amazing list of opportunities to entice you. Perhaps your employer, business, or family could help make this year’s event amazing through a direct donation or in-kind donation. Become a Ticketed VIP Sponsor and receive early admission to a VIP-only reception, featuring open bar, passed hors d’oeuvres and entertainment.
Non-ticketed sponsorship opportunities are also available. Details regarding recognition for non-ticketed sponsorships are included below:
Diamond Sponsor ($5,000)
* Premiere signage at the event * Full-page advertisement included in printed Gala program * Four VIP tickets, reserved seating, and opportunity to speak at the event for 2 minutes * Social media recognition * Company logo featured on the auction website and on the Shepherd Elementary website through December 31st, 2020
Platinum Sponsor ($2,500)
* Featured on signage at the event * Half-page advertisement included in printed Gala program * Verbal acknowledgement at event * Social media recognition * Company logo featured on the auction website and on the Shepherd Elementary website through December 31st, 2020
Gold Sponsor ($1,000)
* Quarter-page advertisement included in printed event program * Social media recognition * Company logo included on auction website and Shepherd Elementary website through December 31st, 2020
Silver Sponsor ($500)
* Company logo included in printed event program and on the Shepherd Elementary website through December 31st, 2020
Bronze Sponsor ($250)
* Name listed in printed event program and logo included on the Shepherd Elementary website through December 31st, 2020
Mustang Sponsor ($100)
* Name listed in printed event program and on the Shepherd Elementary website through December 31st, 2020
The Auction Committee is seeking volunteers to help with the various activities required to make the event a success. Any amount of time you are willing to contribute would be immensely appreciated. Send us an email if you’d like to learn more about the variety of volunteer opportunities available in the months ahead.