Our Academic Leadership Team meets weekly and has worked hard on our Comprehensive School Plan and preparing for our upcoming IB evaluation. At this time, we are focusing our attention on classroom instruction and how to improve results for all students. As a faculty, we are working on differentiation, or tailoring instruction to meet individual needs. Differentiation is challenging and requires expertise, skill and a deep knowledge of students’ abilities. Teachers plan with the specific students from their class in mind. When they analyze results, whether it is from an exit ticket or a unit test, they think through the misconceptions students may have experienced and how to reteach the lesson. Our coaches and administration will support this work. To reach our goals for growth and achievement, we need to spend time analyzing and planning around classroom-level data.
Shout out to the third grade and our emcee, Mr. Mack, for an uplifting and informative All School meeting on Friday. It was sensational. If you have not attended an All School meeting yet, I encourage you to do so. We learn, chant, share, and dance together, and it is a fantastic way to start the day. Please remember that there is a PTA meeting on Wednesday, November 20th at 6:30 pm in the Multipurpose room. I hope to see you then. Thank you for your continued support, and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Phyllis Hedlund, Ed.D.
Canned Food Drive
Please remember to donate to our canned food drive for the Capital Area Food Bank. Your generosity is greatly appreciated. Deadline is Nov 22.
Beauty & the Beast at Alice Deal
Performances are 11/21 and 11/22 at 6:30 pm and 11/23 at 2:00 pm. If you have not been to a Deal musical, you will not be disappointed!
OTHER UPCOMING DATES
– Wednesday, November 20th – LSAT meeting (4:30 pm) and PTA meeting (6:30 pm)
– Through Friday, November 22nd – Kindness Club Food Drive
– Wed, Nov 27 – Fri, Nov 29 – NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving break)
– Friday, Dec 6th – Annual Shepherd Bake Sale (3:30-6:30 pm)
– Monday, Dec 9th – Ward 3 Education Network Meeting at 7 pm
– Wednesday, Dec 18th – LSAT and PTA meetings (4:30 and 6:30 pm)
– Wednesday, Dec 18th – Teacher and Staff Holiday party – 3:45 pm
– Friday, Dec 20th – LAST DAY OF SCHOOL BEFORE WINTER BREAK