NEW ADDITIONS TO THE WEBSITE!
Wondering what “special subject” your child has today? Check out the Specials Calendar online. You can also read about all of the exciting things that these dedicated teachers are doing in their classrooms.
We need volunteers for a number of events at Shepherd, including Fall Fest and Movie Nights. We’d also love to have volunteers sign up to be a class Room Parent or to serve on a PTA Committee. A sign up link is now LIVE on SignUp Genius.
FALL FEST PLANNING MEETING
Speaking of special Shepherd events, planning has begun for Fall Fest. If you are interested in helping out, come out to our first planning meeting of the school year. It will take place on Monday, September 9th at 6:30 pm in the Teachers’ Lounge. This is our BIG fall fundraiser, and we want to make it great!
Our new Spanish teacher, Senor Hernandez, is looking for any guitars that you might have around the house that you would be willing to donate/loan him for Spanish class. He loves incorporating music into his teaching!
The 2020 Standing Ovation Award – Nominations are Open!
Do you know a teacher who always puts students and families first? Does your child attend a school where you feel welcomed and engaged in your student’s success? Do you know a principal, librarian, custodian, or educator who deserves to be recognized for their outstanding efforts? If so, nominate them for a Standing Ovation Award. The deadline for nominations is Monday, September 20th.
Participants for the Ward 3 – Wilson Feeder Education Network
If you are interested in applying for this task force, please email ShepherdPTAPresident@gmail.com. It would be great to have some representation on the task force from the Wilson feeder pattern.
Reminder of Upcoming Dates:
– Grahams with Grands – Mon, Sept. 9 from 2:30-3:15 pm
– Fall Fest Planning Committee Meeting -Mon, Sept. 9, 6:30-7:30 pm
– Back To School Night – Wed, Sept 11 from 6-8 pm
– First ALL School Morning Meeting – Fri, Sept 13 at 8:40 am
– LSAT meeting – Wed, Sept. 18, 4:30 pm, open to the public
– 1st PTA Meeting – Wed, Sept 18 at 6:30 (pizza and childcare for students provided)
– “Supper with Shepherd” Galley Foods Restaurant Week Fundraiser – Sept 22-27
– “Secret Life of Pets 2” Movie Night – Fri, Sept 27 at 6:30 pm in the multipurpose room