With the arrival of our talented new music teacher, Mr. Gonzalez, Shepherd students will have the opportunity to explore a variety of musical styles and genres throughout their elementary school years. Mr. Gonzalez’s exciting dream—to give all Shepherd students at least basic instruction in playing a musical instrument—could easily become a reality…
But we need your help!
Through our Music for Mustangs campaign, we’re asking the Shepherd Elementary School Community, our Shepherd Park neighbors, friends and relatives of Shepherd students, and music lovers everywhere to help us purchase the instruments we need.
- Keyboards (as many as possible)
- A Drum Set
- Saxophones (Alto, Tenor, Soprano, Baritone)
- Marching Band Equipment (Snare Drums, Bass Drums, Cymbals)
- Bass Amps and Keyboard Amps
Use this link to make an online donation directly to our Music for Mustangs campaign. Or, drop a check in the PTA mailbox marked “Music for Mustangs.”
To show our appreciation, donors who contribute:
- $10 – $25 will receive a Shepherd reusable shopping bag.
- $26 – $50 will receive a Gift Coupon for a free, handcrafted beverage at Peet’s Coffee & Tea.
- $51 or more will receive a Shepherd car magnet.
One more way you can help…
The Shepherd Music Program would gladly accept the donation of these instruments in used, but good and working condition. (Thank you for understanding that we may not be able to accept instruments that will require repair or instruments not on Mr. Gonzalez’s wish list.) If you have instruments to donate, please contact Mr. Gonzalez directly.
Thank you for helping us provide Music for Mustangs!